Cart 0

Precision-made white gold rings for men.

 

DSC_0175.jpg

What is White Gold?


First of all, carat refers to the gold content of the metal. An 18ct white gold ring is made up of 75% gold with the remaining 25% being a mixture of other metals. The quality of the white gold is determined by that remaining 25%.

Palladium creates the purest white colour, but is unfortunately very expensive. It’s more expensive that gold itself. This is why white gold is more expensive than other golds.

We also offer white gold in a 9 carat option which is 37.5% gold. It is a starkly different colour, closer to sterling silver. The two carats can be combined to create interesting two tone designs.

DSC07190.jpg

The highest quality white gold

Our rings do not come with rhodium plating like most white gold rings. When you see a white gold ring in a jewellery store, you are generally seeing white gold that has been coated with a thin layer of another metal named rhodium, which gives it a much whiter appearance than the actual white gold underneath. This process has to be repeated regularly to maintain the colour of your ring. 

At Uniform Black, we don't believe in hiding the natural colour of white gold because we think it's beautiful in it's own way. For this reason, we use the highest quality white gold possible which incorporates palladium as the predominant alloying metal. This also allows us to combine precious metals by sintering them together, permanently bonding rose gold, white gold, yellow gold and platinum into unique and innovative designs.

the visual difference between 18ct & 9ct

The ring on the left is our 18ct palladium white gold. On the right is our 9ct white gold.

Neither have any sort of coating or plating applied.

Zero 6mm
from 350.00

Unique White Gold Wedding Rings

Flux
1,100.00
Nakamura
from 1,000.00
Division
1,200.00
Medium
1,600.00
Diffract
1,200.00
Paradoxum
1,050.00

Custom Made White Gold Men’s Rings


Every ring we sell is made to order. Get in touch to build yours.

2000px-Solid_black.svg.png